Ebay banner

Friday 15 January 2010

Hippy Dream (Before the Dream Faded)

Like most people interested in music, I have more than one musical genre of interest at any one time. Despite my recent posts being centred around Japrock and post-punk, I also have a great love for the sound of the late 60's. This started with 'discovering' Neil Young and branching out in all directions from there. I now have a playlist on lastfm, which I've called Hippy Dream (Before the Dream Faded). It's by no means finished and I keep adding to it every time I come across a worthy track. If I can find the time then I'll write a blog entry detailing my reasons for choosing the various tracks. However, this will be very different to the reasons for choosing the tracks on my 'peel inspired' playlist as I was but a mere toddler when most of these tracks were released, so I have only grown to love them retrospectively.

What you'll find on the playlist is stuff like Neil Young, David Crosby, Tim Hardin, Tim Buckley, Nick Drake, Dave Mason, the Byrds, and plenty more. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I've enjoyed compiling it.

Comments and recommendations always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.