Ebay banner

Sunday 31 January 2010

Robyn Hitchcock

I have had a couple of Robyn Hitchcock albums on vinyl for many years now but cannot remember the last time I played them. I have heard the odd track on last.fm but to be honest kind of forgot about them. However, last week whist ferreting through the second hand record and CD shops in London, I came across a copy of Olé! Tarantula. Released in 2006, and featuring Peter Buck from REM, this is such a brilliant album and it's been pretty much on constant play since I bought it. Pretty much every track on the album is a winner, great lyrics and catchy tunes. Current favourites are Adventure Rocket Ship, one of the album's rockier tracks, Belltown Ramble and Belltown Ramble.

I'll definitely be digging out my vinyl copies of Groovy Decoy and I Often Dream of Trains tonight, and of course will keep my eyes open for more of his CD's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.