Ebay banner

Thursday 19 November 2009

My Top 10 Albums of All Time (plus a few more)

Having bleated on various music sites words to the effect of "this is one of my top 10 albums of all time" I thought I should challenge myself and name them. Quite a mixed bag here, and nowhere as easy as I thought it would be. I'm sure I've missed out some real classics.

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Tim Buckley - Greetings From L.A.
Wire - Pink Flag
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills and Nash
Eat Static - Abduction
Biosphere - Patashnik
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy
Nick Drake - Bryter Later
Aphex Twin - Ambient Works, 95-98


Here's a link to my amazon.co.uk listmania list for them.


Other worthy contenders would be:

Joy Division - Closer
The Smiths - The Smiths
B12 - Electro-Soma
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
Polygon Window - Surfing on Sine Waves
Neil Young - Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
Mannassas - Mannassas
The Damned - The Black Album
Wire - Chairs Missing
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Michael Dog - Summer Night Sessions
Dr Alex Patterson - Voyage into Paradise
Killing Joke - Killing Koke
Psychedelic Furs - Psychedelic Furs
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
The Clash - London Calling
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
David Bowie - Low
Scott Walker - Scott 4
The Fall - Totale's Turns
Black Dog - Temple of Transparent Balls
Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico
Lou Reed - Transformer
Neil Young - Harvest
Graham Nash - Wild Tales
Peter Hammill - Fool's Mate

... I could go on but I guess that would be cheating.

Interested in my records and CDs for sale? Check out my web site where I'm selling off a lot of my old vinyl and CDs that I now have stored in digital format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.