Ebay banner

Saturday 21 November 2009

Post-punk radio

Well, of course, I knew this would happen. As soon as I had commited my top 10 albums to print, plus a handful of other worthy contenders, 10's of others came to mind. I have been listening to Obscure Post Punk Radio and John Peel radio on last.fm fairly heavily over the past few days and it's clear my list needs to be extended massively. I made no mention of Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nick Cave, A Certain Ratio, Tuxedomoon, Cocteau Twins, Echo and the Bunnymen, Psychedelic Furs, Julian Cope, and oh so many others.

I'm finding the last.fm web site a fantastic resource for bringing back old memories and also for discovering new music. It's a bit scary however to realise that some of my favourite songs are now over 30 years old !! Some have aged really well, others are not sounding so good, and some I didn't really like at the time sound great today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.