Ebay banner

Monday 14 December 2009

All I want for Christmas is a bit more post-punk

December has continued with further exploration of the post-punk era. Tuxedomoon and their offshoots remain high up on my playlist. I've also rediscovered some bands on Factory Records, whose 7" singles I bought at the time, but had long forgotten. These include The Names, Stockholm Monsters, Section 25, and of course A Certain Ratio.

But probably the most enjoyable has been Cabaret Voltaire. I'm currently listening to Yashar and can't get enough of its hypnotic drum beat and chanting. I've kind of discovered Cabaret Voltaire in reverse, starting with Richard H.Kirk's solo material under his various pseudonyms, and then going back in time to his original band.

If anyone's interested I have a few Richard H Kirk and Cabaret Voltaire CDs for sale along with vinyl and CDs from all sorts of musical genre.

I've also "discovered" The Residents. Reading through their history I suspect I am the last person in the world to have come across them, but they are a curiously interesting outfit, worthy of further investigation ... I just need more hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.