Ebay banner

Sunday 20 December 2009

Heaven Up Here?

I once told someone a long, long time ago that Echo and the Bunnymen were my favourite group. I can't remember exactly why I said this as it's usually the sort of question that I avoid as my musical taste jumps all over the place on a daily basis. However, every time I hear one of their songs coming up on lastfm.com I can completely understand why I made that statement. Their fist four albums are all brillinat, with Porcupine probably being my favourite, but curiously though when I look through my top 10, and ever extending worthy contender, list of albums, they don't feature.

I only ever got to see them once, at Gloucester Leisure Centre back some time around 1985 or 1986. I don't remember them being drop-dead brilliant but I do recall a fantastic live cassette I had of their performance at Glastonbury. The whole set was brilliant but of particular note was the version of Do It Clean which jumped all over the place, slipping into Doors' songs amongst others. I'm not sure if I still have the tape but perhaps I'll have to have a look in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.